Head Internal Audit and Control Position; This is to inform the general public that The Alan & Grant Recruitment has announced the commencement of this year’s recruitment.
The Federal Government alongside with several organisations worldwide are currently undergoing recruitment.
- Job Type—- Full Time
- Qualification—- BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience—- 8 years
- Location—- Lagos
- Job Field —-Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job Brief Summary
- Job holder will formulate and execute company control processes, and complete periodic revenue assurance checks inline with defined organization risk assessments.
- The Responsibilities include providing reasonable assurance on the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management and the strength of internal control.
Duties & Responsibilities to be Carried Out
- The Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting
- The Lead Internal Audit’s yearly planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the group and its subsidiaries
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and business satisfaction
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to internal control best practices
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention
- Perform internal controls assessments of acquired companies or joint venture projects and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis
- Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information systems group as needed
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work
- Serve as the key point person on all regulatory exams and other third-party audits KPIs.
- Minimum of first degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or similar role. MBA or Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ cumulative work experience in a similar role in the financial servicing industry
- Professional Membership: ICAN, ACCA, ACA is required
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted Auditing Standards
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Effective communication and planning and time management
- Critical thinking and analysis, tenacity, ethics and human relations skills
- Technology Proficient (excel, word, Visio, ability to learn new software)