Nigerian Army Recruitment 2020; Nigerian Army Recruitment is currently ongoing. Interested persons are informed to login to the portal to fill in the application form as the Nigerian Army Recruitment is about announcing the closing date for registration. The Nigerian Army is a devoted agency with a mission of improving transparency and accountability as recruited members will serve as role model for the rest.
HOW TO APPLY NIGERIAN ARMY
- visit Nigerian Army portal at and choose your preferred course (SSC or DSSC) from the page.
- You will be moved to the page where you can see the qualification criteria for SSC and DSSC courses.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button for your preferred course (SSC or DSSC).
- After that you are required to select if you are serving/have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- Click on “Sign Up” after which a verification link will be sent to your email or enter you login details and log in.
- Fill form properly and ensure all required documents listed below are things to upload; Passport photograph, Educational certificates, Evidence of membership of any professional body, Certificate of state of origin, Birth certificate or age declaration.
- For all DSSC applicants, note that the qualification selections available to you are dependent on the preferred corps selected.
- All Applicants must print out their photo-slip which would be generated online on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin.
ABOUT REGULAR RECRUIT INTAKE (SOLDIERS)
Basic Recruit military training for Trades and Non-Tradesmen is a Short Period Training for people with and without trade skills to enlist in to the Nigerian Army as Trade and Non-trade soldiers. The Basic Recruit training last for a period of 6 months of training and is applicable to candidates who possess a minimum of Secondary School leaving Certificate.
ABOUT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
Short Service Commission (SSC) is a type of commission in the Nigerian Army which is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. The Course do provides the avenue for the enlistment of degree holders who desire to the join the officers rank of the Nigerian Army as Combatant. Short Service Commission (SSC) Training period for this type of commission is usually 9 months of intensive military training and successful candidates are commissioned into the rank of Second Lieutenant.
ABOUT DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is a of commission in the Nigerian Army which is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) training provides the avenue for the enlistment of degree holders who are professionals in specified fields. Training period for this type of commission is usually 6 months of intensive military training and successful candidates are commissioned as Lieutenant.
Requirements for Army Recruitment
1. Applicants Must be a citizen of the country. Recruitment is not available for non citizens as this will serve as a disqualification.
2. Applicants Must be within the age of 17-25. Applicants below or above the age wont be qualified.
3. Interested applicants must endeavor to have a.minimum of five credit level this includes mathematics and English Language in WAEC,NECO,NABTEP or GCE
4. Applicants Must be physically, emotionally, psychologically and medically sounds as applicants with certain deformities are.advises to.refrain.from application.
5. Female applicants should not be below 1.64m of height
6. Male applicants should not be below 1.67m of height
7. Female applicants should not be pregnant in tge period of recruitment
8. Applicants with deformities are advised not to register
9. Applicants with impediment of speech should not apply
Other Nigerian Army Requirements:
|Minimium for Age||18|
|Maximium Age for Trades||22|
|Minimium Age for Trades||28|
|Maximium Age for Trades||35|
|Minimium Height for Male||1.68|
|Minimium Height for Female||1.62|
|Minimium Qualification||Minimum of 4 passes in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTE|
Formations in Nigerian Army
All Departments in Nigerian Army
- Departments of Army Administration
- Departments of Army Logistics
- Departments of Transformation and Innovation Centre
- Departments of Army Policy and Plans
- Departments of Civil Military Affairs
- Departments of Army Public Relations
- Departments of Army Training and Operations
- Welfare Limited / Guarantee
NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
- All Candidates are to note that there will be no Pre-Selection Computer Based Test.
- There shall be no special centre for recruitment.
- No Zonal Screening Exercise.
- Screening of potential recruits will be conducted at the candidate’s respective state of origin.
- All Candidates are also expected to adhere to COVID-19 protocols which includes: regular washing of hands, use of face masks and observing physical distancing.
- Candidate who falsifies or forges his/her results and is discovered even during training at Depot NA would be withdrawn and prosecuted by Law.
- All Candidates are advised to come with their BVN printout.
- All Candidates are advised in their own interest not to give any form of gratification of inducement to any person or group of persons to assist them in the recruitment exercise.
- All Candidates are advised to carefully read the instruction on the website or call the following support lines if in doubt; 07081271985 and 07041467033.
- All Names of shortlisted candidates for screening would be released publicly.
- All Shortlisted candidates are to report to their respective state of origin for the screening exercise on 23 November – 6 December 2020.
- All Successful candidates would be transported to Depot NA for documentation and trainman from 7 December 2020.
Deadline is 14th November, 2020.