- 1 The Nigerian Navy History
- 2 Top Requirements For The Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- 3 How To Apply For the Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- 4 How To Get the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Updates
Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2020; Recruitment application is currently on, here we will guide you on how to apply for the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Successfully without any challenge.
In this article on the Nigerian Navy Recruitment, we will guide you with all the needed information that you need, so make sure that you sit back and read everything here to the end. The most important thing of all is that you will get answers to bothering questions such as when will the Nigerian Navy application form for recruitment be out, how much is the Nigerian Navy Application form, how can I apply for the Nigerian Navy Recruitment and be accepted, how can I get the latest updates on the Nigerian Navy recruitment.
Before proceeding, make sure that you get some information about the Nigerian Navy Below.
The Nigerian Navy is a branch of the Nigerian Arm Forces. It is amongst the Largest Navy in Africa, which consists of several thousand personnel, also including those of the coast guard. The origin of the Nigerian Navy could rightly be trace to the Marine department of the Royal Navy established in 1887 as a quasi military organization combining the duties of the present day Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), the Nigerian Inland Waterways Authority and the Nigerian Navy. Elements of the Marine department took part in the First World War in the Cameroons during the First World War between 1914-1918. Be as it may, the colonial administration didn’t consider it a necessity to establish a proper Navy, as it believed that it was the sole duty of the royal Navy to give protection to Nigeria.
Also, the Marine Department was considered adequate to look after the security of the port and coastal approaches and provide harbor services for the Royal Navy ships on the West African patrols. This remained the situation until the end of the world war two in 1945. In July 1959, the Nigerian Naval Force was transformed into as full-fledged Navy when the Queen Elizabeth II granted permission for it to use the title Royal Nigerian Navy. The Title was changed to the Nigerian Navy in 1963 after Nigeria became a republic. The constitutional task of the Navy was expanded in 1964 after the repeal of the 1958 Ordinance. The new law well known as the 1964 Act for the first time tasked the Nigerian Navy with the ‘naval defense of Nigeria’. Other tasks assigned the Navy by the 1964 Act were essentially coast guard duties, namely: assisting in enforcement of customs laws, making hydro-graphic surveys, and training officers and men in naval duties.
Joins the Nigerian Navy via Dssc or any other method is not an herculean task. You just need to meet all the requirements, and that is why we have brought all the requirements to your door. See the requirements below.
- Applicant Must be Nigerian By birth to apply
- Applicant must be between 18 and 30 years to apply
- Applicant Must have an O’ Level Certificate at least Five (5) Credits level passes including Mathematics and English Language in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/N ECO/NABTEB.
- Applicant must be a citizen with good character, and you must not have been convicted of any crime before.
- Applicants Height must not be less than 67 metres in height for men and 1.64 metres for women.
- For the men, the chest measurement must not be less than 86cm (34inches) in expansion.
- Computing skill is an added advantage.
General Educational qualifications
- The General certificate of Education Ordinary Level;
- The Ordinary National Diploma
- The West African School certificate or the senior Secondary School Certificate;
- The London City and Guild or the WAEC City and Guild.
- Also, you must provide their primary school leaving certificate. If you have a higher educational or professional qualification, for example, HND, BA or BSc, etc., you should not apply at all.
- PS: Any declaration of false certificate might end you in the Jail
Other set of Applicants on merit
- previous orthopedic operation;
- short sight;
- ear problem;
- flat foot;
- less than the required height (1.70 for male and 1.67 for female)
- any natural disability.
- Visit the the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Exercise here Nigerian Navy https://www.joinnigeriannavy.com/Account/Register
- Create an account with the portal using your email address as your username and password to log in again.
- Download and print a copy of your the completed application.
- Academic credentials- Original and Photocopy
- National Identity Card (acknowledgement slip admissible).
- National Identity Card (acknowledgement slip admissible).
- First School Leaving Certificate and Senior Secondary School Certificate (WAEC, NECO etc), with scratch cards for verification of the results (original copy of West African Examination Council Certificate is compulsory).
Required Certificates from the tertiary institutions
- Federal Ministry of Education authentication of foreign certificates.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age.
Required Materials from the tertiary institutions
- Certificate of Local Government Origin.
- Two (2) recent coloured passport-sized photographs.
- Writing materials.
- Three pairs of white (unmarked) vests and navy blue shorts.
- A pair of white canvas shoes/trainers.
- Two bedsheets and pillowcases.
- A set of cutlery.
Note: You will be disqualified if you fail to appear on the interview date.
You do not have to wait for all eternity before you could get the latest updates on the the Nigerian Navy Recruitment. Here at this site, we are dedicated to giving you the best that you need and you will definitely get it. So what do you do?
Make sure that you subscribe to all our channels and also make sure that you like our page. Then share this post on the the Nigerian Navy Recruitment on all the platforms that you can. This is a very important thing. Also make sure that you leave a comment below to make sure that you get us informed on how to better serve you. Do not hesitate to do these things.
Did you enjoy this article on the the Nigerian Navy Recruitment? Please do visit this site often to stay informed on the Latest Recruitment and Jobs in Nigeria.